Resident Notices-Advance, Final & With Map on the Back
YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR FIRST NOTICE
Your street is going to receive an application of Asphalt Slurry Seal. You have been provided a notice in advance to allow you to plan ahead for the application of the Asphalt Slurry Seal. Please be aware that your street will be closed, no vehicles allowed for that period of time. You will be provided another notice in the future, typically the day prior to the application. There is general info on what is going to occur.
YOU HAVE RECEIVED YOUR SECOND NOTICE
Your street is going to receive an application of Asphalt Slurry Seal ON THE DATE STATED ON THIS NOTICE. You have been provided this notice of the application of the Asphalt Slurry Seal and that your street will be closed, no vehicles allowed for that period of time. The street will be closed beginning at 7:00 am, read your notice to confirm the time of the closure. We cannot give specific times of when your street is going to be done. There are usually multiple streets being done in the area, and due to many different reasons, the order of the streets will change. The street will be closed for the safety reasons, including the safety of the workers.
ON THE DAY THE STREET IS CLOSED – ASPHALT SLURRY SEAL APPLICATIONS PROCESSES
- Your street will be closed with approved traffic control devices.
- If the day is Trash Day the Trash and Recycle will be picked up early in the morning prior to the Asphalt Slurry Seal being applied.
- Your street will be swept/cleaned prior to slurry being applied.
- Do not let landscaping sprinklers get the street surface wet.
- Once your street is dry enough, the traffic control devices will be removed and your street will be re-opened for your use.
- DO NOT drive on your street until the traffic devices have been removed indicating the Asphalt Slurry Seal is dry.
- NOTE: If you need special arrangements due to handicap or disability, please call us at the phone numbers at the bottom of your notice.
DID YOU FORGET THAT YOUR ROAD WAS CLOSED TODAY?
The pictures below are from vehicle damage caused by driving on the closed street, on the wet Asphalt Slurry Seal before the traffic control devices were removed and before the street was ready for vehicle traffic.
You do not want to drive or walk on the new slurry before the street has been opened. It is not worth the damage to the street, your driveway, and especially your car. There are a lot of expenses involved in repairing, cleaning and rescheduling that can be charged to you. Additionally, your neighbors will not be very happy about the mess on the street in front of their house, and then having the street closed again for the repair.
WHAT TO EXPECT FROM THE NEW SURFACE
- You will see a new looking street surface, much like a new car, you will now notice any little marks and wear areas.
- Help alleviate the marks on your street by driving, safety, carefully and responsibly.
- Turn slowly and wide. Be careful when turning the vehicle tires while the vehicle is not moving.
- Avoid sudden stops and sharp turning actions.
- After your street has been opened during the hot summer months all asphalt preservation applications will remain somewhat soft until the asphalt has completely cured and age hardened.
Your street has a new coat of slurry! Treat your street with care, and enjoy the benefits of the new surface.